2009-12-14

For Anibadh

This poem is from Leo Buscaglias beautiful book " Living, loving & Learning"

"Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and I dented it? I thought you´d kill me, but you didn´t.

And remember the time I dragged you to the beach, and you said it would rain, and it did? I thought you´d say "I told you so".But you didn´t.

Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous, and you were? I thought you´d leave me, but you didn´t.

Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug? I thought you´d hit me, but you didn´t.

And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans? I thought you´d drop me, but you didn´t.

Yes, there were a lot of things you didn´t do. But you put up with me, and you loved me, and you protected me. There were a lot of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam. But you didn´t."

No comments:

Post a Comment